Independent Study Physical Education 2
You can find the Fall 2023 application here -> ISPE Fall 2023
ISPE 2 through El Sereno High School affords students the opportunity to extend physical education learning activities beyond the school campus and regular school hours. ISPE 2 students will be required to complete both academic and physical education program requirements to earn Credit. It is a blended learning class involving PE activities as well as online activities via Google Classroom. Communication with students and teacher occur via Google Classroom. A student may earn no more than ten credits and will receive a grade of Credit (CR) or No Credit (NC) upon completion of the course.
ISPE 2 through El Sereno High School will be available to any new or continuing student entering grades 10-12. A student can apply for ISPE 2 based on his/her individualized academic plan and he/she meeting the following criteria:
- A student has an impacted schedule due to enrollment in an extra academic or elective class which may preclude him/her from taking a daily, regularly scheduled physical education class.
- A student must have passed Physical Education 1 in the ninth grade.
- A student must have passed four of the six fitness gram requirements.
- A student is in the tenth, eleventh or twelfth grade.
- A student cannot be enrolled in an open period or IWE/TA/Tutor period throughout his or her entire high school tenure (10th, 11th, and 12th grades).
Enrollment priority for ISPE 2 students will be served based on space in the course and the receipt of completed applications by the registration timeline. The class is limited to a certain number of students. Once the class is full, remaining applicants will go on the wait list.
Completed packets are to be submitted to
El Sereno High School
ATTN: Matt Polston (916) 971-5048
10700 Fair Oaks Blvd., Room 1, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
scanned and emailed to: email@example.com
Application packets will be accepted until June 2, 2023